The Protestant Persecutions
July 11, 2005 (David Cloud, Fundamental Baptist Information Service, P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061, 866-295-4143, email@example.com
* * *
ZWINGLI IN ZURICH, SWITZERLAND, WAS A PERSECUTOR
11. This Protestant inquisition was very similar to the Roman Catholic one. The Protestants required that every citizen submit to their doctrine and practice upon pain of death. They required that every citizen become a spy to report on the presence of dissidents. Not only were the dissidents persecuted, so were those who helped them in any way, including those who even failed to report them.
12. Zwingli was a hypocrite in the matter of persecution. He spoke against the Catholics when they persecuted Protestants, but he supported the persecution of Baptists. In his sixty-seven theses against Rome, Zwingli had said: “No compulsion should be employed in the case of such as do not acknowledge their error, unless by their seditious conduct they disturb the peace of others.” Yet, he ignored his own rule and compelled others to believe as he did. The Baptists were not seditionists. They were not trying to overthrow the government. They merely desired to practice their own faith in peace.
LUTHERANS IN GERMANY WERE PERSECUTORS
Luther also turned against the anabaptists he had once sympathized with. “Sadder yet, Luther reacted with equal violence to the Anabaptists who tried to apply the principle of ‘liberty’ to themselves. Though he knew there were both nonresistant, harmless Anabaptists as well as a radical fringe of social revolutionaries, he condemned all together--favoring a policy of extermination” (William McGrath, Anabaptists: Neither Catholic nor Protestant, http://www.pbministries.org/History/William%20R.%20McGrath/the_anabaptists_part1.htm).
2. In 1529, the imposing DIET OF SPEIRS (Speyer) pronounced the death sentence upon all Anabaptists. This council was composed of both Roman Catholic and Protestant princes and heads of state. They hated each other and did not get along even in this Diet, but they hated the Anabaptists even more!
[A note on Lutheran Prussia and the Counter Reformation. I am sorry for Douglas Willinger, but The Destruction of Eastern Prussia, the Lutheran Prussia, how not to see in it the judgement of God for the wicked Lutheran massacres of the "ana"Baptists, in alliance with the Catholics, with which Luther and descendents built the religious Lutheran power? To hide the judgement of God under Geo-political and Geo-religious analysis - even if valid and not manipulated - is a work of men, not of God. Take heed, that no one of those "ana"Baptists is forgotten at the eyes of God
See his blog, which, on the other way, has a lot of very useful historical information:
JOHN CALVIN IN GENEVA WAS A PERSECUTOR
3. In the days of King Edward VI of England, Calvin wrote a letter to Lord Protector Somerset and urged him to put Anabaptists to death: “These altogether deserve to be well punished by the sword, seeing that they do conspire against God, who had set him in his royal seat” (John Christian, A History of the Baptists, Vol. 1, chap. 15).
4. Historian John Christian observes that Calvin “was responsible in a large measure for the demon of hate and fierce hostility which the Baptists of England had to encounter.”
PERSECUTION OF THE CALVINISTS IN HOLLAND AGAINST THE ARMINIANS
THE CHURCH OF ENGLAND WAS A PERSECUTOR
PERSECUTION OF BAPTISTS IN THE DAYS OF KING HENRY VIII AFTER HIS SPLIT WITH ROME
BAPTISTS PERSECUTED IN THE DAYS OF KING EDWARD VI
Upon the death of Henry in 1547, his young son Edward VI reigned for six years.
1. Edward stopped the persecution against Protestants and even granted pardon to criminals; but the persecution of Baptists continued. At least two Baptists were burned at the stake during Edward’s reign.
BAPTISTS PERSECUTED IN THE DAYS OF QUEEN ELIZABETH I
BAPTISTS PERSECUTED DURING THE DAYS OF KING JAMES I
BAPTISTS PERSECUTED IN ENGLAND 1626-1689
PERSECUTION BY PROTESTANTS IN AMERICA
The Protestants who settled in America, though fleeing religious persecution, themselves persecuted Baptists and Quakers and others who differed from them until the time of the American independence and the formation of the United States Constitution. We will give two examples of this.
(etc. etc. follow on the original webpage)
* * *
We can understand now the Catholic and Protestant Western media silence and the compliance, on the following facts, with the Putin's and Russian Orthodox church's power because....
"..... they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not."
Sunday, October 16, 2016
Yarovaya law forces to close American Independent Baptist mission in Russia
Sunday, October 30, 2016
Chosen to damnation: an unconditionally false doctrine.
Already predicted in 2014:
Thursday, May 15, 2014
World wide anti-Baptist (and anti-Protestant) strategy unifies Marxist China and Ukrainian low intensity war.
Sunday, May 18, 2014
Next Counter Reformation mass assassination in Ukraine?